We encourage you to manage your own BSAC membership and medical.
If you have elected to pay your BSAC membership by Direct Debit then, providing you have ensured that BSAC have your correct email address, you will receive email notification from BSAC six weeks prior to your membership renewal date that your membership fee will be taken from your bank account on the due date. You will also be asked to TAKE ACTION to update your medical declaration and personal details, and will be reminded that the medical declaration needs to be completed before scuba diving. You can do this at MyBSAC: https://www.bsac.com/mybsac/
The first time you use MyBSAC, you will need to set up a password. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do this:
- Go to MyBSAC: https://www.bsac.com/mybsac/
- You’ll see a login box. The first time you log in, you will need to request a password. To do this, click on the ‘forgotten password’ link, located underneath the log-in box, then to enter your email address. This sends an email with a ‘password reset’ link.
[please note: if you have changed your email address and not notified BSAC then contact the club Membership Secretary]
- Go to your emails, click on the email from MyBSAC, then click on the ‘password reset’ link. Here you set up your own unique password (which you should make a note of and keep somewhere safe).
- Once you have set up your password, you can then return to MyBSAC and enter your email address and your password (the MyBSAC link is also located at the top-right corner of the BSAC website).
- This will then bring up your BSAC Membership account, where you can check all of your personal details, BSAC membership renewal date, medical self-declaration etc.
A few things to note:
- MyBSAC works on individual members, with their own unique email address, so in the case of a Joint or Family membership you will each need to set up your own log-in with your own unique email address.
- Make sure you have you Peninsula Sub Aqua Club (branch #1036) stated as your dive club on BSAC.
- Once you are logged into MyBSAC, we suggest you set your email preferences by going to ‘My Preferences’ box (located underneath your Member Details), and click on ‘My email preferences’ then tick/untick the three boxes relating to marketing emails from BSAC.
- All PSAC divers must satisfy the BSAC medical requirements. If you answer ‘yes’ to any of the questions on the BSAC self-declaration medical fitness form, you will require a medical using the BSAC_Medical_Referee_Form. BSAC policy is that the medical must be carried out a doctor who is registered under the UK Diving Medical Committee (UKDMC). In the south-west, the options are:
Westover Surgery, Falmouth, Cornwall, TR11 4QJ
Email Dr Farrell
Diving Disease Research Centre (DDRC)
Research Way, Plymouth Science Park, Derriford Plymouth. PL6 8BU
The medical costs approx £100.
- Once you have a ‘Fit To Dive’ certificate please forward this to the club Membership Secretary.